The Freeride WConcave gives riders comfort to shift energy from heel to toe because you can feel exactly where your feet are, due to the W. While not ideal for freestyle—W's traditionally take away from freestyle because of the increased stiffness at the center of the deck—this deck creates a perfect pocket for freeride.
Size matters: We designed the Freeride 38 W Concave to give smaller riders plenty of room for low, wide freeride sliding stance. The Freeride 38 W Concave lets taller riders easily move their feet from the standing platform to the kicktails for a smooth freeride to freestyle transition.
The Devil is in the details. Here’s how the Freeride 38 W Concave stacks up.
- Construction: 9 Ply Northeastern Maple
- Length: 38″
- Width: 9.75″
- Concave Shape: Deep Tub + Central WConcave
- Concave Depth @10.25″: (.666″)
- Wheelbase: 25″
- Effective Concave @9.25″: (.575″)
- Effect Platform: 23″ x 9.85″
- Gas Pedals: 40 Degree
- KickSpecs: 5.0″ wide x 3.5″ long x 1.5″ tall
- KickRatio: (3.5 x2) 7 / 31 = 22.5%
- Wedge or DeWedge Front / Back: 3 degress / 3 degrees