The Apex DD is the perfect marriage of subtle hard angles that bend and merge to give riders a shape that gives you board-feel without sacrificing the comfortable ride that the Apex line is known for. This quiver killer can be set up for surfskate (add some S8 trucks), freestyle, or freeride. It's just that good. If you're looking for a freeride setup to add to your quiver, this lean, green, longboard machine needs to be under your feet NOW.
Size matters: The Apex DD comes in two sizes 40 + 37. The 40's 40.75 inch size is great for most riders but smaller riders or riders with a small stance could choose the Apex 37.
The Apex 40 DiamondDrop Beginner Freeride + Learn to Slide Complete comes outfitted with Caliber II Trucks, 65mm Liam Morgan Wheels, RDVX + Laser Cut Grip Tape, and PK Nose Guards to protect your pop.
The Devil is in the details. Here’s how the Apex 40 DiamondDrop stacks up:
- Trucks: Caliber II 184mm 50° Trucks - Midnight Satin Forest Green
- Wheels: Blood Orange 65mm Liam Morgan Wheels - Midnight Green, 80a
- Construction: 3 Ply Maple + Quad-Axial Fiberglass + Carbon
- Length: 40.75 in x Width: 9.75in
- Wheelbase: 28 in
- Concave Depth: 0.66 @10 inches
- Drop Depth: 0.925 inch full drop
- Rocker Depth: 0 Rocker
- Kick Specs: 5.0 In Wide, 4.5 In Long, 1.1 in. Tall
- Kick Specs with PKs: 5.125 Wide, 4.8125 Long, 1.25 Tall
- Gas Pedals: 40 Degree x 1/8th in
- Number of Plies: 3 Ply Maple
- Board Thinness: .334 in (vs .600 9ply maple)